About Gail Ingram NP:
Gail Ingram is an accomplished nurse practitioner with over 15 years of healthcare experience ranging from office, hospital, and home-based care. She graduated with a Master’s of Science from New York University where she received the prestigious President’s Service Award. She has appeared on Fox 5 News, ABC 7 News, Good Day New York, and the Dr. Oz Show as a health advocate and she volunteers for NYC Medical Reserve Corp.
Gail Ingram is a thoughtful, open, and straightforward practitioner. She is passionate about preventative care and maintaining healthy communities. Her goal is to partner with you and create a plan to optimize your health. Real patient testimonials (the good and the bad) are available on the ZocDoc website.
I believe that cultivating a public voice and participating in the e-health conversation is important for nurses and the future of nursing. Nurses are the largest profession in the healthcare industry (and arguably the most vital) but are rarely heard from. I believe this must change. As a result, the world will be a healthier place.
–Gail Ingram NP
Gail Ingram graduated cum laude from the University of Texas in Austin in 2004.
- Kristi Kana Presidential Scholarship
- Lola Wright Foundation Award Recipient
- BECU Foundation Service Award
- University Honors X4 semesters
- GAIN (Get Ahead in Nursing) X4 semesters
- UTNSA (University of Texas Nursing Student’s Association) X4 semesters
- Patient Care Tech for 2.5 years at Seton Medical Center
- Volunteer at St. David’s ICU
- Volunteer reader through the Office of Student’s with Disabilities and the Texas Commission for the Blind
- Tutor for ESL nursing students
- Capstone preceptorship at Seton Medical Center’s PACU
- Created a weight loss program for the Texas State Department of Transportation and began providing nutrition counseling to private clients with extraordinary results.
After graduation, honed critical care nursing skills at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Participated in a 10-week regional critical care consortium and welcomed leadership roles as a charge nurse, code first responder, preceptor to nursing students, and Pressure Ulcer Prevention Unit Educator.
Completed local travel contracts and provided per diem care at:
- Stevens Hospital—Progressive Care Unit
- Overlake Hospital—Telemetry, Medical/Surgical, Float Pool
- Swedish Medical Center, First Hill—Telemetry, float to Medical
- Swedish Medical Center, Cherry Hill—Telemetry
- Swedish Medical Center, Ballard—Telemetry, EKG Educator, Addiction Recovery
Came to New York in 2007 as a travel nurse completing contracts at:
- Mt. Sinai—Cardiac Cath Lab, Cardiovascular, Telemetry, Endoscopy PACU
- New York-Presbyterian Columbia—Cardiac Intermediate Care Unit, Telemetry
- New York-Presbyterian Cornell—Occupational Health, Cardiothoracic Step-down, float to Burn ICU
- NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases—PACU, ICU Overflow
- Beth Israel—Cardiac Intermediate Care Unit, Telemetry, float to Pulmonary, Ambulatory PACC PACU
- Terrance Cardinal Cook Dental clinic—sedate special needs patients for procedures, float to medicine clinic
- Southampton Hospital—Telemetry, Medical/Surgical, float to Pediatrics, ER, ICU.
In addition to charge nurse and preceptor roles, served as a nurse consultant to Southampton Hospital in 2009. Worked with the Director of Nursing to create and implement a nurse retention plan for summer staffing. In 2010, began VIP private duty nursing in Manhattan with privileges at the Hospital for Special Surgery, Mt. Sinai, Lenox Hill, and NYU. Per diem positions in Manhattan included VNSNY CHOICE Select Health clinical evaluation manager of Medicaid services and confinements using Milliman Care Guidelines for members with HIV; Northside Center for Child Development school nurse; Columbia Medical Center Immunization clinic; home infusions; end-of-life care; and plastic surgery recovery.
In 2010, founded Nightingale Wellness after recognizing a need in New York City for a service that provides more than private duty nursing. The business provides patient advocacy, care coordination, and medical stewardship to a select client base in Manhattan.
Appeared on Fox 5 News, ABC 7 News, Good Day New York, and the Dr. Oz Show. Gail Ingram is an active member of the New York City Medical Reserve Corp and is a first responder in Manhattan.
Received a scholarship to New York University based on merit and, while there, won a prestigious peer-nominated President’s Service Award for distinguished service and contribution to the NYU community. Created the first and only health column in any NYU publication (NYUlocal.com). Studied global health at Austral University in Buenos Aires, Argentina and completed clinical rotations at the Lower Eastside Service Center (Su Casa), Mt. Sinai Visiting Doctor’s Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center lymphoma clinic, Bellevue Hospital cardiology clinic, and Jewish Home Lifecare. Completed a Health Impact Assessment (HIA) on South Asian cab drivers in NYC using a SSTEP program to decrease cardiovascular disease and a Capstone project focusing on exercise as a fall prevention tool in older adults.
Gail Ingram NP provides patient-centered, whole-person, integrative primary care to adults in Manhattan. Her private practice, Nightingale Wellness, offers annual physical exams; treatment of anxiety, depression, and ADHD; travel medicine an counseling; birth control; STI screening and treatment; PrEP management; injuries; infections; IgE allergy testing; smoking cessation; acne, cosmetic Botox and fillers; referrals to specialists; and wellness counseling are just a few of many services provided.
Publisher and editor-in-chief for NurseGail.com, the first evidence-based health and wellness website authored solely by nurses. To read Gail’s posts, click HERE.
- Associate producer at Electronic Media Productions in Seattle, WA.
- Freelance art direction and fashion photo shoot production in Seattle, WA.
- Project manager for Project Media in association with CODIO Korea based in Seoul, South Korea.
- Project coordinator at ACCLAIM Partners in Austin, TX.
- Instructor at Scot Hill photography workshops in Austin, TX.